To enhance the well-being of individuals and organizations through the use of music and the expressive arts, consultation, and mindful action to promote, maintain, heal, and restore mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Whom We Serve
- Anxiety Disorders
- High Functioning Autism
- Communication Disorders
- Developmental Delays
- Grief and Loss
- Life Changes and transitions
- Learning Disabilities
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
*Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Traumatic Brain Injury on a case by case basis or as music therapy is available.
SHCS aims to:
- Integrate high quality music therapy, expressive arts techniques, play therapy, consultation, and counseling interventions to enhance the well-being of others.
- Assist individuals in achieving their personal goals across a range of domain areas by designing non-threatening interventions for the exploration and or processing of therapeutic issues.
- Support individual strengths, talents, and creativity.
- Communicate with the individual, parents, school team, therapists, or physicians about best practices, care, progress as appropriate, and treatment planning.
- Further awareness by educating the public about the effectiveness of music therapy and its benefits, the creative arts, counseling interventions, play therapy, and their roles in achieving wellness.
- Offer experiential teambuilding and evidenced-based programming opportunities for companies, schools, etc. to address workplace wellness, specific topics/themes, and stress relief.